Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yellow Gerbera Daisies. 280/365

These beauties were given to me by my neighbor (and Maddie's friend). Poor little thing was at home alone for a short time on Monday and fell off her bed. She hit her head on her dresser and was bleeding. She called her mom, who called me and another neighbor to help. Maddie and I ran out the door and found the poor bleeding girl on the neighbor's doorstep. She frightened me - when I called her name (to see if that was, in fact, her), she slowly turned to look at me I saw she had blood running down the side of her head and down her neck and covering her yellow shirt. She was so calm, she reminded me of a scene from a horror film. We got her in the house, cleaned up, and iced before her mom made it back. She ended up needing two staples in her head. The flowers were a thank you for the help given that day.

As much as I would love to go back to work, everyday something happens (mostly with my own kids) to make me realize I'm supposed to be at home right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment