Monday, October 12, 2009

Fuji Apples. 285/365

Never had one before today. Until recently, I've only purchased Granny Smith, Braeburn, and Harelson apples. I like a firm, somewhat tart apple. Maddie has made me broaden my horizons and purchase Red Delicious - her favorite - but I won't eat those. Today, at the apple porch, we arrived ready to pick our own (never had done that before either) Braeburns and Red Delicious. However, those trees had already been picked clean. What was left? Golden Delicious (too soft), Jonathan (too far to walk for those trees), and Fuji. While picking, we decided we should try one to be sure that we actually liked them. We did, so we bought eight pounds of Fuji apples. Eat up! Actually, we ate six of them before we got home.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fujis...! We haven't gone picking this year... boo.
    Lucky you -- made any pies yet?

    ReplyDelete